Nephrology and Hypertension
Nephrology concerns the diagnosis and treatment of kidney diseases, including electrolyte disturbances and hypertension, and the care of those requiring renal replacement therapy, including dialysis and renal transplant patients.
Nephrologists treat many different kidney disorders including:
- acid-base disorders
- electrolyte disorders
- nephrolithiasis (kidney stones)
- hypertension (high blood pressure)
- acute kidney disease
- end-stage renal disease.
Patients are referred to nephrology specialists for various reasons, such as:
- Acute renal failure, a sudden loss of renal function
- Chronic kidney disease, declining renal function, usually with an inexorable rise in creatinine.
- Hematuria, blood in the urine
- Proteinuria, the loss of protein especially albumin in the urine
- Kidney stones, usually only recurrent stone formers.
- Chronic or recurrent urinary tract infections
- Hypertension that has failed to respond to multiple forms of anti-hypertensive medication or could have a secondary cause
- Electrolyte disorders or acid/base imbalance
Wednesdays from 11 am to 4 pm
Please call (904) 744-4448 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Salameh in our Macclenny office.
Address: 159 North 3rd Street, Macclenny, FL 32063 MAP