Revenue Cycle Management Director
The Director of Revenue Cycle Management provides strategic direction and leadership in the management, operations, staffing, and decision making of all Revenue Cycle activities pertaining to receivables management. This position will work with the hospital department Directors and practice business offices on revenue cycle performance to meet short-term and long-term strategic goals. The main objective of this position is to manage receivables and cash collections to an adequate level. Provide analytical analysis, create written processes, and train others in implementing a cross functional revenue cycle team.
- Provide leadership and direction for the department in accordance with the overall strategic direction of BCMS.
- Provide daily management oversight to all business office functions to include: billing, collections, denial and appeals follow-up, cash posting, and refunds.
- Supervise staff to ensure efficiency and effectiveness.
- Provide training to all staff to ensure job performance is maximized.
- Enhance and standardize work-flow processes throughout the revenue cycle that assist in achieving consistency in maintaining the critical success factors.
- Prepare and review A/R and collections reports to identify payer and other collections issues.
- Maintain reimbursement related key performance indicators for medical practices, setting and benchmarking revenue cycle goals (i.e. reducing denials, increasing cash receipts, decreasing outstanding accounts receivable, decreasing DSO).
- Monitor all statistical reports to identify trends and deficiencies and develop action plans to resolve.
- Develop and implement practice-specific process improvement recommendations to secure positive results, monitor performance and improvements resolution plans for unfavorable trends.
- Participate in the development of reimbursement policy and procedures.
- Maintain a cross functional training/operational manual for BCMS System.
- Responsible for denial management to not only report denials, but to work with the appropriate practices and areas to develop the most appropriate solution to eliminate denials.
- Ensure staff understands the urgency of collections and working A/R and is held accountable for performance issues.
- Liaise with practice and business office staff to resolve issues and outstanding problems in the area of A/R management and revenue cycle process.
- Monitor changes in coding from all payers and communicate and train all necessary parties.
- Coordinate with the compliance department to ensure coding requirements are being met.
- Provide oversight and training to all practices throughout the implementation process for new providers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or Healthcare Administration, required.
- 5 years of industry experience required.
- 3 years of supervisory/managerial experience, required.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $78,000.00 – $90,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Job Category:
- Department: Administrative
- Job Type: Full-time
- Salary Range: 78,000.00 - 90,000.00
- Job Posting Date: 11/20/2023