Pharmacy Tech PRN
Now recruiting for a PRN Pharmacy Technician for Ed Fraser Memorial Hospital
At Ed Fraser Memorial Hospital, our (PRN) pharmacy technician will perform many pharmacy-related functions under the direct supervision of our licensed pharmacist and perform administrative functions of the department as required.
- Prepares prescriptions for dispensing by the pharmacist and fills stock replacements.
- Makes requisitions for drugs and supplies with professional guidance from the pharmacist.
- Orders, receives, and maintains inventory of drugs and chemicals, and ensures their security.
- Helps maintain an orderly, clean environment including cleanliness of pharmacy stock and supplies.
- Enters data into the computer system, recording prescriptions, purchase orders, stock orders, requisitions, and disbursements.
- Under direction of pharmacist, removes unneeded or outdated drugs from stock and prepares for return or disposal.
- Performs general clerical duties for the department.
- Ability to enter data into a computer to maintain records.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- High school diploma or GED certificate.
- Successful completion of a pharmacy technician training course, with one year of pharmacy experience.
- Florida State certification, as required.
- Job Category:
- Department: Pharmacy
- Job Type: PRN
- Salary Range: Starting pay $18.00 per hour
- Job Posting Date: 06/30/2023