Certified Medical Coding and Billing Specialist
Baker County Medical Services, Inc., is seeking a driven and quality-focused Certified Medical Coder and Billing Specialist with a broad knowledge in billing services that include Hospital, Facility, Primary Care, Rural Health Clinic, Diagnostic Radiology, Emergency Department, GI and Cardiology.
This position is full-time, (Monday through Friday). Position may be considered for remote (or telecommuting) after a minimum of one month on-site training has been completed. Conditions must be met for remote employment.
The Ideal Candidate will have a high level of knowledge in the follow areas:
- Advanced knowledge of IDC-9/ICD-10-CM/PCS, CPT-4/HCPCS, HCC, EM coding and abstracting, APC classification and reimbursement structures, applicable coding, edits and general knowledge of local coverage for hospital and professional billing.
- Delinquent account resolution with payers to include research and resolution of insurance claim disputes, corrected billing, appeals and submissions.
- Clearinghouse edits and rejections in a prompt manner
- Knowledge of medical terminology and human disease process, anatomy and physiology.
- Demonstrate proficiency in coding and encoder skills.
- Guidelines for Medicare, Medicaid and other third party payers.
- Knowledge with Meditech and Meditech Expanse Expanse software preferred.
- Paper claim submission with appropriate explanation of benefits and other requirements.
- Assist the Director of Revenue Cycle in completing monthly, yearly and state reports.
- Payer and professional credentialing (for both new and renewal contracts).
- Maintain strict patient and healthcare information (PHI) confidentiality, as per HIPAA guidelines.
- Advance coding and charge review skills understanding the utilization of modifiers and other coding, charging and billing rules to include AMA and other state and federal organization.
- Must be certified in one or more of the following:
- Certified Coding Specialist (CCS)
- Certified Professional Coder
- Certified Professional Coder- Hospital
- Billing Specialist Certification preferred.
- Must have two years of billing experience in an acute care setting or diverse clinical specialties
- Hospital and Physician office billing experience (preferred)
Must pass Level 2 AHCA Background Screening.
Benefits include Health, Dental, Life, Vision, Short and Long term disability insurance along with a 403b mating plan.
Salary – Commensurate upon experience and certification.
See our website and apply online at:
- Job Category:
- Department: Administration
- Job Type: Full-time
- Salary Range: Commensurate upon experience and certification
- Job Posting Date: 02/17/2023