Certified Medical Billing and Coding Specialist
Baker County Medical Services, Inc., is seeking a driven and quality-focused Certified Medical Billing and Coding Specialist with a broad knowledge of in-patient Hospital billing services as well as, Primary Care, Rural Health Clinic, Diagnostic Radiology, Emergency Department, GI and Cardiology billing experience.
This position is full-time, (Monday through Friday). Position may be considered for part-time remote (or telecommuting) after a minimum of one-month on-site training has been completed. Conditions must be met for remote employment.
The Ideal Candidate will have a high level of knowledge in the follow areas:
- Advanced knowledge of IDC-9/ICD-10-CM/PCS, CPT-4/HCPCS, HCC, EM coding and abstracting, APC classification and reimbursement structures, applicable coding, edits and general knowledge of local coverage for hospital and professional billing.
- Delinquent account resolution with payers to include research and resolution of insurance claim disputes, corrected billing, appeals and submissions.
- Clearinghouse edits and rejections in a prompt manner
- Knowledge of medical terminology and human disease process, anatomy and physiology.
- Demonstrate proficiency in coding and encoder skills.
- Guidelines for Medicare, Medicaid and other third-party payers.
- Knowledge with Meditech and Meditech Expanse software preferred.
- Paper claim submission with appropriate explanation of benefits and other requirements.
- Assist the Director of Revenue Cycle in completing monthly, yearly and state reports.
- Payer and professional credentialing (for both new and renewal contracts).
- Maintain strict patient and healthcare information (PHI) confidentiality, as per HIPAA guidelines.
- Advance coding and charge review skills understanding the utilization of modifiers and other coding, charging and billing rules to include AMA and other state and federal organization.
- Certified Professional Hospital Coder
- Billing Specialist Certification
- Must have two years of billing experience in an acute care setting or diverse clinical specialties.
- Hospital and Physician office billing experience required
- Must pass Level 2 AHCA Background Screening.
Salary – Based on credentials and experience.
See our website and apply online at: www.edfraserhospital.com
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 – $65,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- ICD-10: 3 years (Required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Macclenny, FL 32063
- Job Category:
- Department: Revenue Cycle
- Job Type: FT, PRN
- Salary Range: $60,000 - 65,000 per year
- Job Posting Date: 06/12/2023