Exceptional GI Care in Macclenny
The state-of-the-art Gastroenterology/Hepatology department at Dopson Family Medical Center can detect and treat a variety of gastrointestinal conditions right here in Macclenny including colon cancer with colonoscopies.
Led by Dr. Pushpjeet Kanwar, an expert in digestive health, our team is focused on taking the time to ensure your health, comfort and well-being.
We treat many gastrointestinal conditions including:
- GERD (acid reflux)
- Gastric ulcer
- Crohn’s disease
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Colon cancer
- Dopson Family Medical Center also provides colonoscopies that can prevent colon cancer by detecting precancerous growths.
Who should get a colonoscopy?
Anyone with the following risk factors:
- Symptoms such as blood in the stool
- Rectal bleeding
- Change in bowel habits
- Cramping in the lower abdomen
- A family history of colon cancer for people over 40
- Anyone over the age of 45 (even without symptoms or family history)
A colonoscopy can prevent colon cancer because it can detect precancerous growths, called polyps, in the colon and rectum. When we find colorectal cancer in the early stages, there is a better chance of a cure, treatment will be easier, and recovery will be faster.