As the threat from the COVID-19 virus continues, so too do are our efforts.
Here are just a few of the steps we are taking to assure uninterrupted care:
- TWO VISITORS (over the age of 16) will be allowed on the Inpatient Unit as well as Surgery Patients at Ed Fraser Memorial Hospital.
- W. Frank Wells Nursing Home will inform guests of any visitation restrictions based on current regulations associated with the community spread rate (call extension 2290 for details).
- Precautions taken to treat patients with COVID-19 are similar to those taken to treat patients with influenza, with restricted visitation to limit exposure. This is a commonplace procedure for us during any flu season.
- COVID+ PATIENTS ARE PERMITTED ONE VISITOR.
- MASKS MUST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES WHILE INSIDE ANY BUILDING ON OUR CAMPUS.
As always, cleaning to prevent the spread of infection is occurring throughout all of our care sites. As this threat evolves, we are collaborating with federal and local health agencies, providing timely and practical updates that will help contribute to accurate reporting and consistent guidelines. While our immediate priority remains on the well-being of our patients and people, we know that sharing insights can impact care far beyond the communities we serve.
In the face of a threat, we don’t panic, we prepare.
In the weeks ahead, and as always, we are here when you need us.