As the threat from the COVID-19 virus is amplified, so too are our efforts.
Here are just a few of the steps we are taking to assure uninterrupted care:
- NO VISITORS on the Inpatient Unit at Ed Fraser Memorial Hospital.
- NO VISITORS to W. Frank Wells Nursing Home. We suggest calling or using a video calling app such as Facetime to speak with a resident of our facility.
- Limiting entry into Ed Fraser Memorial Hospital (Outpatient Testing and Emergency Room), Dopson Family Medical Center (appointments) and Baker Rural Health Clinic (appointments and walk-ins) to the patient and (1) caregiver only. A Caregiver is defined as: an individual such as a family member or guardian who takes care of a child or dependent adult in need of assistance.
- Every employee, physician and caregiver will be screened before entry into any facility on our campus because protecting our patients starts with protecting our people. Entry may be denied after screening results.
- Precautions taken to treat patients with COVID-19 are similar to those taken to treat patients with influenza, with restricted visitation to limit exposure. This is a commonplace procedure for us during any flu season.
As always, cleaning to prevent the spread of infection is occurring throughout all of our care sites. As this latest threat evolves, we are collaborating with federal and local health agencies, providing timely and practical updates that will help contribute to accurate reporting and consistent guidelines. While our immediate priority remains on the well-being of our patients and people, we know that sharing insights can impact care far beyond the communities we serve.
In the face of a threat, we don’t panic, we prepare.
In the weeks ahead, and as always, we are here when you need us.