As the threat from the COVID-19 virus is amplified, so too are our efforts.
Here are just a few of the steps we are taking to assure uninterrupted care:
- ONE DESIGNATED VISITOR (over the age of 16) will be allowed on the Inpatient Unit as well as Surgery Patients at Ed Fraser Memorial Hospital. The PERMITTED VISITOR OF THE DAY may come and go but MAY NOT switch out with another visitor in the same day.
- W. Frank Wells Nursing Home will inform guests of any visitation restrictions based on current regulations associated with the community spread rate (call extension 2290 for details).
- Every patient and visitor will be screened before entry into any facility on our campus because protecting our patients starts with protecting our people. Entry may be denied after screening results.
- Precautions taken to treat patients with COVID-19 are similar to those taken to treat patients with influenza, with restricted visitation to limit exposure. This is a commonplace procedure for us during any flu season.
- COVID+ PATIENTS ARE NOT PERMITTED VISITORS AT ANY TIME.
- MASKS MUST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES WHILE INSIDE ANY BUILDING ON OUR CAMPUS.
As always, cleaning to prevent the spread of infection is occurring throughout all of our care sites. As this latest threat evolves, we are collaborating with federal and local health agencies, providing timely and practical updates that will help contribute to accurate reporting and consistent guidelines. While our immediate priority remains on the well-being of our patients and people, we know that sharing insights can impact care far beyond the communities we serve.
In the face of a threat, we don’t panic, we prepare.