Baker County Medical Services
Baker County Medical Services (BCMS) was established in 1993 as a 501 (c)(3) not for profit charity corporation. Our mission is to provide the highest quality of care in the most efficient and cost-effective manner possible to all residents in our region – regardless of ability to pay.
Our medical campus consists of several healthcare options for local residents including Ed Fraser Memorial Hospital, Dopson Family Medical Center, Baker Rural Health Clinic and the W. Frank Wells Nursing Home. The mission of Baker County Medical Services is to continually enhance the health and well-being of the people we serve through caring and excellence.
- In 1993 BCMS assumed operation of Ed Fraser Memorial Hospital. Since that time, BCMS has continued to invest substantially in the latest radiological and diagnostic technology, quite often eclipsing the capabilities of larger urban hospitals.
- Dopson Family Medical Center provides primary and specialty physicians services. The center, named after Baker County’s first native physician, Dr. Gary Dopson (who retired from family practice in 2006) provides comprehensive primary and specialty care of all types.
- The Baker Rural Health Clinic provides an alternative to the emergency room and serves residents with quality care at a discounted rate.
- Frank Wells Nursing Home continues a long tradition of providing compassionate and premier care to the residents of Baker County. In addition to short-term comprehensive rehabilitation and long-term custodial care, the center began a partnership with Community Hospice of Northeast Florida in 2017.
- We develop and maintain a quality patient-centered source for health care that is:
- The provider of choice to the people of our area.
- The system of choice to physicians and payors.
- The employer of choice to our employees.
Learning and Compassion
We treat those we serve and one another with courtesy, respect, kindness and concern.
Honesty and Integrity
We act honestly and truthfully in every aspect of our work, complying with the laws, regulations and policies which apply to us.
We work together, believing we can accomplish more together than with each other acting independently. We will display courtesy and consideration not only to patients and their families, but also to fellow employees and any outside individuals who come to work in our facilities.
We are a part of the local community, and we want to understand and serve the needs of the community.
Excellence and Quality
We are committed to quality in every aspect of our work, and we strive to exceed the expectations of our customers.
Our patients come first in all we do. We endeavor to create an atmosphere that promotes wellness, healing and helps to reduce the suffering of sick and injured patients and their families.
Each employee is an important representative of this facility and as such is responsible for demonstrating the values of this facility in all aspects of his or her performance at Baker County Medical Services. All information about our patients is strictly confidential and should only be released at the patient’s request.
Board of Directors
Gary Dopson, M.D.